- Start up the IDLE. Then under File, select New Window or prss CTRL + N, which will open up an untitled window. This is where we will be writing our first program.
- In the untitled window, write your first program
- Give the file a name and save it (hello.py in this case)
- Next, under Run, select Run Module
- Now in the main window (IDLE SHELL), you will see the output as shown below:
- The SHELL is restarted every time one runs a module in IDLE. We can now proceed to writing full length programs!